Picking yourself up when your mental health is at an all time low can be tough. With that in mind, Thought Catalog has compiled a list of little reminders that will help you get out of the dark hole and start living. Here they are:
- “Practice what you preach.” That is a quote you’ve probably told others, but have never been able to actually practice. Now do it!
- Be gentle with yourself. Don’t be afraid to tell your employer you need a day off. Don’t feel an obligation to go out for drinks when all you want is to be wrapped up in your favorite blanket. Don’t yell at yourself for not doing the dishes for the past few days.
- Stop faking it. When it comes to your mental health, especially if the severity of it is becoming unbearable, do NOT think for one minute that your fake smile is going to get you through the day.
- Don’t expect things to get better rapidly. This is all a process. All of it.
- Remind yourself, it’s temporary. There will always be days where you want to quit. It doesn’t go away. But it’s not permanent.